2.8.13

Adventureland

Apart from the occidental headdress, her floral polo
with a baby blue field jacket is pretty damn sweet.


Now I want to be completely honest, it was not until recently where I began to pay attention. Never before did I pick up on a lot of things that people put in a lot of thought and effort into, two of those being movie soundtracks and costumes. I don't think I realized until recently that not only do people get paid to compile music for movies and create outfits for actors, but people fight other people to get such positions. Trippy right? that being said, I think I want to being celebrating some noteworthy music and outfits that catch my eye in the fine cinematic wonders that I watch. 

This is from the movie Adventureland, one of those odd mixes of teen comedy and romance, starring Jesse Eisenberg and the questionable Kristen Stewart. I have not seen the Twilight saga so I don't completely understand the hate, but she was just fine in this movie, but that is besides the point. This outfit comes from one of the park managers, played by Kristen Wiig.  The movie takes place in the late eighties which is where a lot of the fashion inspiration comes from I suppose. This is just a great fit though. 

I apologize for the shitty picture quality, there was no
full-length shot available so I had to improvise and
screenshot from the movie. But can't look past those
boat shoes and fitted khakis can you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment